AWAIC’s mission is to provide domestic violence safe shelter, intervention, and prevention. Our core values are advocacy, compassion, dignity, and collaboration.
Move your career in a rewarding direction – join AWAIC!
AWAIC the only emergency domestic violence shelter in Anchorage. We support survivors as they take their first steps towards a future without the fear of violence. AWAIC seeks out caring, committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of survivors and their families. AWAIC takes pride in creating an inclusive workplace celebrating the diversity of our employees and participants.
Salary and Benefits
Our compensation program leads that of many other nonprofits in this area. Our generous employee benefits include:
- Generous paid time off, including four weeks of vacation accrued in the first year of employment and up to 10 holidays each year.
- Medical and Dental coverage with a portion of the premium paid by AWAIC as well as Dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance and Life Insurance premiums paid fully by AWAIC.
- Optional Aflac and Retirement Fund.
- After one year of employment, a retirement fund that matches a 5% employee contribution.
How to Apply
- Please select the job title you are interested in and view the job description.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the job description page and click “Apply Online” to start your applications.
- Resumes can be attached to the application.
Tips on Applying:
- Please complete the entire online application. Applications that are incomplete and only have a resume attached will not be considered.
- We prefer three professional references (e.g. a supervisor, manager etc.)
- Please take time to answer each question completely.
- All positions require completion of an employment application.
Questions? Contact us!
Human Resources and Operations Director – Laura Lann
Phone: (907) 743-5714
AWAIC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Financials & Other Documents
A statement from the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee of Abused Women’s Aid in Crisis (AWAIC), with support from AWAIC’s Board of Directors:
AWAIC stands with those we serve and is dedicated to empowering our community. We are committed to providing vital services to victims of domestic violence and preventing violence through education and outreach efforts. Our goal is to teach people to live and love without violence. We are dedicated to uplifting our community and addressing oppressive behaviors, including domestic and sexual violence, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, sexism, and all other forms of oppression. We know that all forms of oppression are intertwined, leading to a systemic oppressive environment for all people. We pledge to create an environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. AWAIC recognizes that we cannot address the cycle of abuse in our community by not addressing these issues. We strive to be better, and we will do better.
AWAIC is located on the ancestral, unceded lands of the Dena’ina people. We acknowledge the Dena’ina as the original stewards and caretakers of the land we live and work on.